The biggest theme to my DM questions from you all is ” what is your must have product?” and to me, that is such a loaded question. Fortunately and unfortunately my skincare routine includes many products 75% of which to me, are must-haves. These said products have been in rotation for over two years. The remaining 25% I leave for trying new products, addressing concerns as they come, etc.
After this post, I will also share my skin care routine for both morning and night time and in the exact order the products must go on for maximum benefits.
Instead of fluffing this post up, I’m cutting straight to the chase. Here it is, my MUST HAVE skincare products and why.
Skinceuticals Vitam C E Ferulic
- Why: Protects against environmental radicals, instantly brightens skin, over time reduces the appearance of fine wrinkles but mostly because the second I put it on, my face looks brighter. Think facetune, face brightening. 1 Bottle lasts me approx. 6 months. I’ve used at least 4 other vitamin c’s and none compare to this one. It is the cleanest one and absorbs well into the skin
- Buy it here $166
Skinceuitcals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier
- Why:Helps with hydration and texture. This is not just a clean hyaluronic acid like the B5 Gel which I love too but this one has purple rice extract which helps with texture and after using TONS of hyaluronic acids, this one specifically blows the others out of the park. My friends often say I have very “firm” skin, and if its because of any products, its this one. 1 Bottle lasts me approx. 4 months.
- Buy it here $98
Sunday Riley Good Genes
- Why: I don’t use this bad boy daily. I reserve it for when my skin is atrocious and I need a miracle worker. The lactic acid in the bottle is so strong it exfoliates perfectly and leaves your dull uneven skin feeling brand new with just one use. I will use it for a few days then give my skin a break. 1 bottle lasts me a year because I don’t use it daily. Highly recommend for people with acne.
- Buy it here $158
Sunday Riley Luna Oil
- Why: On those acne prone nights, I will skip the triple lipid cream and layer this oil on top of my good genes serum. The lactic acid from good genes goes perfectly with the retinol in the night oil. This combination is for night time only. It really is a holy grail for the skin especially when you’re going through a funky acne period or having texture issues. 1 Bottle lasts a year. PS smells like dirty feet but so worth it, you’ve been warned.
- Buy it here $105
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
- Why: It looks and smells and even feels like other normal creams but don’t be fooled. This cream really is magic. Once I put it on my face my skin is hydrated and firm within seconds. It doesn’t leave my skin greasy and is particularly good for dry days or winter months and/or even a night cream. Highly recommend for people who need to use harsh acne products on the daily because this won’t clog your pores yet keep your skin from cracking/peeling. I use it a few times a week, not every day. 1 jar lasts 8 months
- Buy it here $100
Skinceuticals Triple Lipid Restore
- Why: OK last one from this brand, I swear they didn’t even ask me to write this lol (I wish!) This is just the MECCA of night time creams. It is SO rich and creamy yet soaks into your skin as well as the serums. Makes your skin hydrated and supple without being greasy… a lot of night time creams in my experience leave me with multiple white heads when I wake up from being so oily. I can use the entire jar in one night and not feel greasy yet you really only need a dime size to feel the hydration start. 1 Bottle lasts me 8 months.
- Buy it here $128
Dr. Dennis Gross Hyaluronic Marine Oil-Free Moisturizer
- Are you girls seeing the theme? I’m obsessed with HA and any ingredient for hydration. I live in NYC where pollution is high and at the end of the day my skin is so dirty dry and dull so I need all the help I can get. This is my go to moisturizer lately for when Magic Cream is too heavy and I just need something lighter. I’ve only started using it about a month ago so not sure how long it’ll last but I’d guess 4-5 months, jar is small!
- Buy it here $60
Elemis Apricot Toner
- Why: I’ve tried all the fancy $100 + toners and let me tell you, this is my 4th bottle of this magic. It is the absolute best AND I like that it’s in spray form because you can spray it directly on your face or use it traditionally with a cotton pad. Removes all impurities without stripping the oils from my face. Plus the smell is GLORIOUS. 1 Bottle lasts me 6-8 months depending on how I use it.
- Buy it here $36
Youth To The People Superfood Cleanser
- Why: Face wash was always the hardest for me to find. It’s the one item I have the least of in my entire bathroom. I legit hate every single one. I either don’t feel like it cleaned my skin OR it stripped away the first layer of my skin. This is the only brand I feel that does a good job of cleaning, is pretty natural, and keeps my skin hydrated. 1 bottle lasts 6 months+
- Buy it here $36
Goop Exfoliating Instant Facial
- Why: The most underrated skincare item is your exfoliator. The ONLY one I’ve ever loved is this one by goop. It is very very strong and should be used 1-2x a week and left on skin no longer than 1 minute. Once you use once, you will never ever buy any other exfoliator. All I can say is trust me. It gives you new skin, baby ass smooth skin. 1 jar lasts me 3 months.
- Buy it here $42 (I can’t find the bigger size, all sold out!)
Caudalie Beauty Elixir
- Why: Not neccessarily for the daily but for over make up, or mid day pick me up and a MUST for travelling. This smells minty and refreshing and wakes up your skin. Your skin yells thank you within a second of spraying it on. The most refreshing thing ever. 1 bigger bottle lasts me 8 months
- Buy it here $49
Dr. Dennis Gross HA Marine Dew it All Eye Cream
- Why: I have the most sensitive under eye skin. Not sure why, I should probably go to a dermatotlogist. No matter what brand I use, how I apply it, I end up getting clogged pores that turn into those white hard bumps. It’s horrific. This is the only eye cream that is light enough that both brightens my under eye as well as hydrating it without clogging my pores. Highly recommend for those sensitive folk like me!
- Buy it here $48